Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lets Give it a Shot...

Well... I have never blogged before... but I am about to embark on a journey and figure that if I have people that I have to report too that I will be more committed. Let me start off by saying that I am no writer so please do not expect this to be grammatically correct in any way, nor can I spell so my apologies in advance.

I just turned 27, I actually thought I was turning 26 so I was a bit shocked that I lost a year somewhere. But Since I'm clearly getting older and not so much wiser or healthier I decided I should make some changes. I have 2 girls 4 and 2 and I am married. I had my first daughter and gained 20 lbs. For some reason I thought it would all just go away after she got out of there. I mean it happens for all those skinny girls all the time right... Mind you have have never been skinny, but I wouldn't say i was FAT either. I have just never been skinny. I still wouldn't consider myself fat when I look at myself in the mirror. Its another story in a photo though... Like you know how people with anorexia look in the mirror and see themselves as fat or a completely distorted image of themselves and they go to extremes. Well I think I have the opposite problem...  When I look in the mirror I don't see fat, lately I don't see what i want to see either but then I see myself in a picture and I'm like really?? When did I get that big... So today begins the journey. I just need some followers.

I have never dieted before... and I have a strange phobia of food... I am so Picky and I do not try new foods... The thought of trying a new food freaks me out.. I have a texture issue. I know it is completely irrational, and I will work on it... Maybe that will be another goal... I'll try 1 new food a week... my hands just started sweating... and its not because the people in my office don't turn the air down below 75 degrees. Although I wish they would, I'm not small it takes a little more than that to cool me down... but that's a topic for another day.

So this morning I had a special K protein shake... milk choc... it was gross, the smell alone almost turned me off... so I just chugged it and then chugged some water... Usually I don't eat anything in the am.. I usually only eat once a day I don't over eat that has never been my thing I don't enjoy food that much, I just make really bad choices for what I do eat... I usually visit some form of fast food chain on a daily bases right around lunch time and I just eat... So this I have decided to give up and try eating more meals throughout my day and see if that helps... at some point I will try and start working out, I just have to find the time to fit it in.. that is a sorry excuse, so I am going to make the effort. I just have to change up some things with my schedule and my husbands...

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm starting my journey at 207... should of put that in there some place but it isn't something i share so it slipped my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on your journey! For a while I thought I was a picky eater. Only fast food sounded good to me but that food is engineered to make us want it and that's what it was doing. Once you are off it for a while, real food starts to taste SO much better! I'll be checking in and cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete